- What is favoritism?
- preferential treatment based on our judgment–>we make judgments on whether or not someone is important purely based on their appearance (when you show partiality, you sin before God)
- Consequences of favoritism
- when we show favoritism, we are dividing up the church
- Do I show favoritism?
- How have I shown favoritism?
- When do I show favoritism?
- show MERCY in your judgments (so in spite of our judgments, we choose to show LOVE)
- if we don’t show mercy based on our judgments, God will not show mercy in His judgment of us
- Solutions to favoritism
- the only way we can fight favoritism is through the gospel (in reality, all of us are men and women of faith)