- the individual is a temple of God
- the church is a temple of God
- as an individual, your actions should be Christlike and you should respect your physical body as The Holy Spirit resides in your physical one
- temple is the dwelling place of God
- Do we have to be a part of a church?
- the church allows for a community (there are things you can do as a group that you cannot do as an individual)
- provides a specific environment for worship
- The Church is necessary for our Christian faith.
PURPOSES OF A TEMPLE
- place where God dwells with his people
- place where God fellowships with his people
- place where God is worshiped by His people
- place where God teaches His people
- place where God forgives His people
- Old Testament is like a babysitter (offers temporary care but never solved the problem of sin)
- New Testament with Jesus is like a parent