Proverbs 11:2 & Proverbs 16: 18
- Part of the character of being proud is belittling others.
- #1 way to feel a false sense of wisdom is to feel superior to others.
- Pride is about comparisons, and when you are proud, you are lying to yourself.
Proverbs 21: 24 & Proverbs 26:12
- “Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.”
- There is no hope for a fool because they do not learn; there is even less hope for a proud person.
- Downfall of pride: when pride comes, then comes disgrace (Proverbs 11:2)
- God has woven patterns into this world and the pattern of pride is also a pattern for destruction.
Proverbs 25: 6-7 & Proverbs 15:25
- God exalts the weak; He is on the side of the weak.
- God demonstrates His glory through the weal, by making them strong.