Proverbs 11:2 & Proverbs 16: 18
- Part of the character of being proud is belittling others.
- #1 way to feel a false sense of wisdom is to feel superior to others.
- Pride is about comparisons, and when you are proud, you are lying to yourself.
Proverbs 21: 24 & Proverbs 26:12
- “Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.”
- There is no hope for a fool because they do not learn; there is even less hope for a proud person.
- Downfall of pride: when pride comes, then comes disgrace (Proverbs 11:2)
- God has woven patterns into this world and the pattern of pride is also a pattern for destruction.
Proverbs 25: 6-7 & Proverbs 15:25
- God exalts the weak; He is on the side of the weak.
- God demonstrates His glory through the weal, by making them strong.
What is the new Earth like?
Revelation 21: 1-4 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+21%3A1-4
- The thought of God and being with Him forever does not excite us (gut reaction is negative).
- *Flow of the Redemptive Story: God creates the world which is very good, but then men rebel, and sin/death/corruption follow
- Jesus comes in as the Redeemer (we live in this age of human history) and perfection is achieved.
- Through Abraham, God creates a nation (Israel) which is why He favors it.
- Satan has swapped his doing/our doing with the doing of God (we rarely praise God for the good things, but we always blame Him for the bad things).
- Our relationship with God is not only of parent and child, but also of husband and wife.