Where do we go when we die? sorry, no passage link for this
- The current understanding of heaven is not appealing (24/7 worship?–>endless boring tedium)
- Life without a goal is life without a purpose
- “The kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
- If our minds are not set on heaven, we won’t live life on Earth according to what God wants
- Heaven: dwelling place of God
- The difference between “house” and “home” is who resides there
- A heaven without God is no heaven at all.
- We tend to see God as a killjoy
- What makes our heart melt? What restores our faith in humanity? All these things were created by God. God created excitement, happiness, and pleasure. There is a present (temporary) heaven and a future (permanent) heaven.
- When we die right now, we go to present heaven first. When you are in present heaven, you are cognizant of everything you did in your life.
- Paradise is synonymous to present heaven
- Martyrs have a special place in heaven
- Martyrs can speak to God and request things
I feel bad that I cannot provide you with a passage that’ll offer context to what I am saying, below is a song from an album that carried me through the lowest points of my junior year (remind me to tell you about that if you are curious– it’ll take a while to explain and it’s a bit complicated and heavy so probably better for a one-on-one when we have a lot of time)