https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+13:44-46 (The Parables of the Hidden Treasure and the Pearl)
- Unless your concept of Heaven is biblical, your idea of Heaven is nothing more than just a figment of your imagination.
- Our idea of Heaven should scare us (playing harps for eternity? A never-ending church service? –> it will bore us)
- It isn’t good news if the only news is that you get to escape hell (is that our only other option?)
- When Jesus preached for the first time He said, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”
- Just in the Gospels, Jesus mentions the “Kingdom of God” 53 times and “kingdom of heaven” 36 (?) times
- Myth breaker #1: 99.999% chance that we will spend time in heaven on Earth (no being teleported up into the skies) No idea what I wrote here– probably was falling asleep as I was writing down this bullet point at the time